Monday 4 January 2010

Challenge Sketch Card

Good morning, well its back to normal today. I am typing this reallu quickly before I get ready to take the boys back to school. I felt really horrible peeling the boys out of bed this morning, they were both still fast asleep at 7.30 - typical!!
Todays card was made on Saturday evening. I spent a very enjoyable evening on the In Love With Stamping FOrum on the Cup Challenge night. We were put into teams and had a series of 4 timed challenges. THis was the first one which was a sketch challenge. I will show the others over the next few days!
I have gone back to basics and used the set I purchased at the very first SU workshop I went to (almost 2 years ago now) SImply Said. It is an excellent set for creating backgrounds and also main focal images. The colour combo is Real Red, Pretty in Pink and Basic black.


I threaded some ginghma ribbon around the edge of the mat for extra added interest. The background was created by stamping numerous punches from the set all over randomly.



Arty farty angle is back for the New Year!
Right I had better go and get these boys dressed and ready. Its so icy today, it looks treacherous!!!! I hope it doesnt snow anymore today as I have my first rehearsal for Footloose tonight!
Jules xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,Happy 2010!!!
    Hope you are ok.
    Your card is luvly,great col combo.
    I got an invite to sat night,but I just couldn't fathom it all out,so left it alone,lol!!!
    Your conservatoire is looking luvly :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie
    Fab card love the colours...hope you have had a good christmas and new Year
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck for tonight, I'd say break a leg, but perhaps not with th esnow and ice, Love the card The threaded ribbon is very different gonna have to have a go. Take care, Hugs Sarah BX

    ReplyDelete