Wednesday 13 October 2010

PIrate Night - Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

This is a really long post today!!!! So it may be worth you grabbing a cuppa!!
A couple of my Tuesday ladies are very big Johnny Depp fans, one of them in particular - Anjie!! So when I saw the BEware Pirates set in the catalogue I was so excited for her and I planned for us to have a Pirate Night last night!!!!!
Lots of tidying to be done as we had a very special visitor!!! This was the conservatoire at tea time! All ready for our VIP!
And here he is!!! Captain Jack Sparrow!! All 6 foot of him!!!!!

As you can see he kept a close eye on the naughty table!! I wasnt impressed though that he blocked the view of my sample boards!!!

Eye patches were compulsary for the evening!!!

We did have a laugh, Vicky and Jill even had little parrots!!!!!!

So here are the cards!! The papers are from the Newsprint pack and I have distressed them to look like a treasure map using Soft Suede and Early Espresso inks

I loved stamping on the twill tape and inking it to give it an aged look. This card is so far removed from my usual style but I really enjoyed making it!

Next up we have a larger square card in Wild Wasabi with Crumb Cake and Early Espresso. The papers at the bottom are from the Woodland Walk set.


Again a bit more inking in Crumb Cake

That ribbon is just so delicious I love it!!!


And finally something a little different! You know I love my punches well here is a childrens crd with a cute little pirate using the Ornament punch and circle punches!

Colour combo is Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Bashful Blue

The clouds were made by daubing Bashful Blue around half of a scallop circle.


The little neckerchief was made with some Old Olive taffeta ribbon.
We did have a good laugh last night, there were lots of Arrrrrrrs and Me Hearties but sadly no rum!!!! Even worse, Captain Jack had to go home with his owner!!!
Hope you enjoyed my Pirate projects
Jules x




6 comments:

  1. Love them!!! What great projects - I didn't think this set would appeal to me - but I think I've changed my mind!!!

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! I didn't like this set when I first saw it - not really my cuppa tea.. however, these cards look brill!! And I absolutely lurve the little punchy guy!! A definate favourite!

    Sigh... Captain Jack has gone home.. lordy, isn't he a dishy fella!!!! where's he live? Can I nick him?? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the punch art pirate, shame my little boy is going to a girls party this weekend otherwise I could have cased it for the card....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pirate evening sounds like a lot of fun and the cards you made are fab. Can't believe there was no rum - not surprised Captain Jack went home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these carsd are fantastice jules especially love the punched Pirate very creative indeed. Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - FAB!!!! And $%^$^$%^ now I want the pirate set!

    ReplyDelete