Tuesday 5 February 2013

Something a little bit special!

 Hi there!! I am a little late posting today as its been a funny sort of start to the day today! My eldest son left at 4.35 this morning to get to school for 4.45am to go on his trip to France!! Its the first time he has been abroad with school so I hope he is OK! I got up to see him off (his Dad took him to school) and then went back to bed for a couple of hours!

Today I am sharing a rather special project that I have to give away as it is a gift that the lady at my local Post Office has ordered for her friend to celebrate the birth of her baby boy. Druhv (pronounced Dhroov) is a name of Sanskrit origin originally!!! I liked that it fit nicely across the middle of the frame!!!


Sorry for the glare from the glass on the first few photos. I got the frame from The Range and it is an 8x8 inch size which I thought was the perfect size.


I spent a couple of hours making this whilst catching up on my TV programmes on the Iplayer. I wanted to take my time and now I have a basic design it will make any future makes a lot easier!


A few more photos for you to see! The colours are Pool Party, So Saffron and Crumb Cake



I really hope that the lady likes it and that Druhv's Mummy likes it too!! I will let you know what she says when I deliver it this afternoon!


Is this something you would like to make at a class?? Not particular a baby themed one but a more generic design! Let me know and I will look into it!

Julie x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely special keepsake x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can they not fall in love with this - it's fabulous!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely idea :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete