Wednesday 12 March 2014

Stippled Blossoms

Last night I ran my usual Tuesday Club. It's often hard to come up with fortnightly projects for this group as it contains experienced crafters and newer crafters. Tonight I wanted to base the projects around the Stippled Blossoms stamp set after seeing a gorgeous card by Ann Schach which totally caught my eye on Pinterest. I extended the project by turning it into a larger square card blank using the Scallop Tag punch as a closure. I took photos yesterday but they weren't so good so I have re-taken them this morning, although my cards haven't travelled home too well from class!!
 Where do I start with the products? The stamp sets are Stippled Blossoms, Hardwood, Four You and Remembering Your Birthday. The colours we used are Smoky Slate, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Rose Red, Blushing Bride and Old Olive.
 The Scallop Tag edge is a similar technique to the one I shared on my recent video but I have this on my list to make a video of how to do this card. We also made another card which started with exactly the same size piece of Rose Red card.
 This is a simple Concertina fold card from an A4 piece of Rose Red, again this will be on a video next week. This card uses the same products, just a very different style of card created from the same size piece of Rose Red.
 Hope you like these makes

Thank you to those of you who have watched my videos, this is something I am now going to be featuring at least once a week, hopefully twice. I have now employed my eldest son Ross to video me and edit them as he is desperately fundraising to go to Kenya in July 2015 as part of a Community and Conservation project for 4 weeks with Camps International.
If you would like to help Ross with his efforts then we have set up a profile with Easy Fundraising. If you shop online with shops such as M&S, Next, Amazon, Boots, Avon to name a few then please register on Ross's page and shop via the Easy Fundraising website, it costs you NOTHING extra but can help raise money for the trip. We are so proud of Ross for wanting to go and I am trying to help him all I can.

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/rosskettlewell

We also have a Facebook page where you can keep up to date with how Ross is doing

https://www.facebook.com/kettlewelltokenya?fref=ts

Thank you in anticipation of any help you can offer.
Julie
shop now
supplies


5 comments:

  1. Those are brilliant Julie. I so admire Ross for wanting to go to Kenya. I shop online and will try and help that way definitely. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so uncanny - I cased that very same card yesterday - love how you have the scallop tag punch I'm having great fun using that too.
    Good luck to your son Ross - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these cards Julie! The stamp sets you used are big favourites of mine right now and they look great used together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane Brubaker10 June 2014 at 03:32

    Hi Julie, Just love your Stippled Blossoms Card! Would you please share your instructions? diane@jmmarketingconsultants.com
    Thank you so much. Diane Brubaker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda (LadyofCards)30 June 2014 at 23:21

    I really like both cards, would you mind sending me an email with instructions? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon

    ReplyDelete