Monday 2 May 2016

Beginner's Cardmaking Course

In March I launched my first ever set of classes for beginners. This is a 3 month course where we meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, so we just have one more left. I have to say it has been a really lovely group I have worked with. I limited the numbers to 6 attendees so that I wasn't spread too thinly with my teaching and we started from the basics of stamping. The ladies all got a stamp set and ink pads included in the course cost and I purposely haven't cut their card to size etc.. Instead I supplied them with a notebook and we went through different card sizes and how to make a card blank etc...

So in April's class we got a little fancier with our card designs and the first project we made was this pocket card which I designed myself. You can make 2 pockets from a piece of A4 card. Simply score along the 21cm edge at 10cm and 20cm and then on the shorter side at 1cm and you can make yourself an easy pocket card.
 The stamp set Birthday Blossoms has been just lovely to work with and this time we stamped it in Sahara Sand to create a much softer look, as opposed to black in the previous month. The ladies have now mastered colouring with the blender pens too and are naturals at it!
 The colour combo here is a simple Sahara Sand and Soft Sky with Whisper White of course.
For the last month we will be tackling heat embossing and I am really looking forward to working on this with the girls!
If you would like to register your interest in joining my next course of beginners classes in June then please contact me at thepaperhavenleeds@gmail.com
Julie
shop now
supplies

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie
    Lovely card. Will be giving it a try at some point.
    Keep up the good work.
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, wish I was closer to Leeds!

    ReplyDelete